Tuesday, December 11, 2007

SUN

SUN is an acronym a friend came up for Shut Up Now. She draws a happy sun on her hand during work meetings on occasion, especially when she feels she's going to go too far with a comment. I've asked her if I could commandeer the image for myself on many occasion. Now, I've got to ask on behalf of my DH.

You see, I think I guessed my Christmas present. I think he flubbed up badly, said too much before investigating and just implied too much.

Now I'm angry. I like good surprises. This one would have been a doozy. Really, it would have, had he been able to carry it to term. Now, guessing all the quicky phone calls that have been coming in, I'm putting the whole equation together.

I've told him to call off the hounds, so to speak. Tell everyone who he has finagled into donating towards the cause to cool their jets.

It's horribly embarrassing, and the only way I know how to react is to try to stop it all.

Think I'm over reacting? It's a you had to be there conversation on the phone with him. He practically said "I'm getting you X, to make up for the stupid olives and the not-so-funny box of matches I got you."

My affections will not be bought.

No comments: