Friday, December 07, 2007

Oh wait a minute

So I saw DXH in the hallway as he was picking up our two CUs for the week. I was there for one of my CUs as I was packing the other one around on my back all day.

I blurted out a bit of pertinent information about the change of the skating program he agreed to register the children in (before reneging on CU-1s attendance). The verbal slap down came so smoothly. I don't miss those days.

The not so funny thing about all this is that I'd got a call from the coordinator about thirty minutes before asking me if CU-1 didn't want to be part of the program, or what happened. I explained the situation as best I could. The coordinator was kind and took CU-1s measurements over the telephone.

I had a quick, pithy talk with DH about the whole thing. DXH isn't going to take CU-1 to the program because CU-1 said he didn't want to go. This is the same kid who doesn't want to brush his teeth, or wear deodorant and frequently forgets to wear underwear. How dare we try to assert our responsibility as a parent! This is also the same DXH who didn't want CU-1 to wear glasses for fear of being laughed at but didn't give it a second thought to cut and die a child's hair ...

CU-1 will grow up having his feet held to the fire in one house and hate it and have the ability to complain and get away without having to be responsible for his own actions in another.

Just makes me want to pull my hair out because it's such a trial some weeks.

No comments: