Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmasgate

Why do I have to be capable of knowing when something is up?

Why am I able to pick up on subtle visual clues when I don't need too?

Why am I particularly capable of stumbling across clues?

I'm not a detective. I'm usually a big picture kind of person, not detailed. I also wouldn't classify myself as the sharpest knife in the drawer either.

Lately, I'm able to guess what's going to happen in a story well before it ends. Same thing in the movies. And now in life. It's getting kind of boring and mostly annoying.

The episode with my DH is now spiraling out of control, as I reach out and talk to my friends and family. Once I present them with my suspicions, people just cave and imply that yes, they too have been hit up for a contribution.

DH has really blown it this time. I'm not the kind of person who needs a lot of things, and I'm certainly not the kind of person who needs them today.

Besides the hitting up my framily for this big ticket item, I'm catching DH in fundamental lies. If he was better covering, perhaps I wouldn't feel so bad. But, because he caves with the slightest touch, I am robbed of any joy that could come with the gift. Knowing about it two weeks in advance isn't a nice surprise. Knowing that framily were asked to contribute is embarrassing.

Framily, on behalf of me, I'm sorry that he did this. I really really am.

No comments: