Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Let it snow

We're supposed to be getting some more fresh snow this week. Since our last storm we've had a bout of freezing rain, but before that set in, the CUs and I made up a batch of a recipe I haven't tried since my early childhood.

Snow Ice Cream

2 C milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp vanilla

Whip ingredients with eater. Add fresh fallen snow (unpacked) and stir until no more can be added. Eat or freeze. May also add "Nestle's Quick" to make chocolate version.

Tastes pretty good.

4 comments:

K said...

I remember something like that when I was little. But... I'm not sure I'd do that these days.

Uncooked eggs are rife with salmonella and beautiful white freshly fallen snow is full of atmospheric toxins.

But, your mileage may vary. Let us know how it turns out (us academic types are sometimes alarmist).

Geez, talk about raining on a parade.

richgold said...

We did it. It was good. (Yes, I read about the plastics showing up in the snow now, but I figured I'd still do it considering that I drink city water and occasionally drink home made egg nog.)

K said...

Glad you liked it, felt like a jerk raising the alarms about your treat.

richgold said...

Don't worry about feeling jerky. Living in the city, I see the pollutants on a daily basis and have a good level of fear about stuff already in the air, in the water, and in our food.

I'm still upset about reading the side panel of coffee cream cartons! (What happened to just cream?