Thursday, December 27, 2007

End of year

Today is Thursday.

I think.

It's been such a long time since I've looked at a calendar. Really looked at it, do you know what I mean? Most of you probably do as you live a regular life with appointments, and interesting things to do, and places to go, and coffee to drink with people that talk in full sentences.

I'm now finishing my year off in exile (aka maternity leave). It's been an interesting experience. I've got another 24 ish days to go before my first day back at work. It's going to be odd looking at files and projects that are a year old. I don't think there will be that much catching up to do, as far as I can tell, 'cause things just don't move that fast in government.

It's been an interesting year. Looking at past blog entries has helped jog the old mind. Birth, construction, reunions, heart ache, and good visits. 2007 is ending on a mixed note with relations in hospitals (some to be released in better health, others to move on to the last phase of dying), and news of impending births.

Hope. I think 2008 is a year about hope.

2 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I would like to think that every year is about hope, but some years are better than others.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Impending Births! God in heaven! Please tell me I'm not one of the people that's announcing one of those! Nor the death thing either!