Monday, December 31, 2007

Bad parent

Well, at 6:30 in the morning, that's what I feel like. I woke up, hearing the rumblings of CU-4, thinking that maybe he needed something (false alarm), and then, for some reason (possibly because CU-2 will be home in about eight hours after almost two weeks away) started to thinking about Girl Guides.

Now that seems to be a big leap, especially seeing that she's not had the opportunity to attend that many Guide meetings this year (the last one we thought she had didn't happen).

So, now I'm up up UP! in a panic, in a tizzy, trying to figure out if I've got her Guide group leader's contact information (it's 6:30 in the freaking a.m. and I went to bed after two a.m., and I don't have it), trying to figure out if she might have a winter camping session that I don't know about. All at six-freaking thirty a.m. on New Year's eve. Like I'm going to be able to accomplish a whole hell of a lot. (I have managed to get some email issues straightened out though, and drop an email note to the former Guide leader, who, I'm sure I will be calling later this morning to try and make contact because of my extreme panic about CU-2 missing an event). Oh, the joys of being a parent ... the joys of parental guilt.

What are the chances of me being able to go back to sleep for a few more zzzzzs before the rest of the crew awaken? (It IS New Years eve after all, AND CU-1 and 2 ARE coming home ...).

Sigh.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

More sleep? No chance whatsoever. Your Mom Brain is now on and fully engaged. Best to hope for a nap later...