Thursday, April 03, 2008

Time for a real post

It's just after midnight Thursday. I'm not having an attack of insomnia like I did this morning (I've been up since 4ish).

Last night as I tossed and turned and turned and tossed, I was thinking about all the things I could be doing differently. March was a bad/watershed month. I wrestled with a bit of seasonal depression - there really is just so much snow a girl can take. Now April is upon us and, even though the weather really hasn't changed that much, something inside of me is undergoing a tremendous shift. I am compelled to feel joyful.

Yah yah, how long can this last before I go back on a complaint jag, I ask myself. I'm trying to not be so pessimistic about it all. I'm trying to use the insomniac energy for good. I'm trying to get off my laurels and do something about lots of things that have been like a burr under the saddle. Like many bloggers reporting right now, weight is a weighty issue. So, I'm kind of trying to be more present about consumption, and do so in a more meaningful manner. Can't hurt.

I'm trying to be more present on several areas of my life. One is to build a side-income source. I've got the idea. I've got some motivation. I don't have the where-with-all to cover come technology issues, though I may be able to hobble something together between www.etsy.com and my limited knowledge of HTML. What I'm hoping to do is to move on the creative bent I have and flower my entrepreneurial spirit. This is where living four days away from my mother-in-law is a bad, bad thing.

Anyway - stay tuned readers (all three of you). I may ask a favor of you to borrow your email network for a "grand opening" announcement. (Staying up for almost 24 hours straight has to be good for something!)

3 comments:

Molly said...

Good luck with the side income possibility. Oh, how I wish I could be paid to blog! I could use some extra cash.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I still can't figure out where you fit everything in in your day. Even with insonmia, you do about 47hours of living in a 24 hour day. That being said....you'll do great with your entrepeneurial endevour.

Josie said...

I think its great you have a chance at a side income. Let us know the details...soon!