Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ratz

So I missed getting a table at Arts Park by two weeks. (The cut off was the end of March.) Ratz.

There are other cultural festivals going on across the city, but they may require more work then I can muster (with a 16 month old probably in tow, it's kind of hard to staff a table, let alone flog wearables).

But, on the other hand, the cooperative and the shop and are just coming to being a week old. Oh I have so many expectations of my offspring! ;-)

On the other most talked about subject - the weather - boy have we got some nice stuff, and in spades. +++ 20 degrees and it's taking people by surprise. So much so that it's becoming a bit of a problem. People don't have their AC up and running and certainly have been slower to put away the winter gear (though not abandon it quite yet).

Today, while visiting a friend for breakfast, she lamented that she enjoys the slower transition from Spring to Summer and that she'd just bought new close toed shoes that she'll get to wear twice now before fall! (I have to secretly agree with here - I just bought myself new sneakers that I want to wear and I don't want to go fishing for my summer sandals just quite yet.)

No comments: