Thursday, April 24, 2008

Muffins and a coffee

Gotta love my neighborhood. It's one of those up-and-coming ones. It was actually written about in one of those in-flight magazines that they pass around on Air Canada.

We're slowly getting known for more then a beaten-up community. We still have more then our share, but that's what makes it interesting.

Like the phone call I got earlier today from The Huz.

He's taken to calling me after he's dropped off the kids, and enjoys the little bit of contact about the eventful or uneventful drop-off he may have had.

The Huz: "How handsome am I?"

Me: "Huh?"

The Huz: "How handsome do you think I am?"

Me: "What are we talking about? ... Well, there is the picture I call "Lord Have Mercy". That one show's you in a particularly good way."

The Huz: "I think I got propositioned."

Me: "Huh?"

The Huz: "It was in front of XYZ. A lady asked me if I wanted to go out for a coffee and a muffin."

Me: "HUH? Was this before or after you dropped off CU-3 and 4?"

The Huz: "Oh before. They were with me."

Me having a WTF moment. "What'd you say?"

The Huz: "Ohhhh, no thank you."

Oh he's sooooo Canadian.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma "C" here. They say little ones are "Chick Magnets". Of course your Huz is a rather hansome fellow, just like his "good Ole Dad". He's been propositioned there also. Must run in the family.

Anonymous said...

I am SO with Anonymous. I was going to say how Older and Younger Son are total chick magnets. That said, maybe the chippie in question was just looking for some eye candy with her coffee and muffin.

(I'm biting my tongue/finger so I don't say, "...And really, where's the harm in that?!")

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Maybe he looked really hungry!

Josie said...

Cute kids are chick magnets :)

I'm surprised he didn't go along just to be polite!! Sooo Canadian.

Anonymous said...

This one cracked me up!

Thanks for coming by my blog the other day... and sorry about your "wall tattoo"! :)

Take care,
Stacy