Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Handiwork

This is the middle part of a clown costume I started making just before 7:00 p.m. I finished just before 10:00 p.m. (There's a hat to go with it.)

CU-3 is at daycare this week, and the March break theme is Circus. Wednesday (tomorrow) she's supposed to come dressed up. Could she pick a costume that we'd already had a base for? NoooooOOOooo. So, Maman got it all together (minus the clown shoes, I ran out of steam there) the night before ... amazing.

I think I'm continuing a rather bad precedent don't you think? (Mamans the white knight who will save them from presentation/project hell!?)

There's another bad side effect I hadn't considered, my kids are going to start to think that I actually like them!! :D)

All in all, it turned out pretty good, and it was a good distraction. (I'll try to get a picture of CU-3 in full regalia.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing quite like having to throw together a costume or a school project the night before it's needed.

Anonymous said...

It's Grandma "C" again, well my CU's are all grown up, and many a night before I did the constume thing. Welcome to the club.

Anonymous said...

Pssst! Missed you over at doow's 7 Days (Flickr) project!

Josie said...

Oh, this brings back memories of last minute science projects :)
But, it looks like you did a bang up job.