Friday, September 30, 2005

Wouldn't it be loverly?

I find that when I hang out with the creatives, like KT, Crocuses, Perpetual Chocoholic or Tagger, that something rubs off on me. I get a case of psychological itchies, that I want to do something creative to.

Then I go home and look around me and survey the damage from the localized earthquake that hit my home.

A couple of hours of general tidying later, IF the urge hasn't subsided, then I may sit down in a small, cleared space in the dining room and work on some hands-on creative pursuits, like designing all-occasion cards, business cards, or amusing "pass me along" cards for friends. Sometimes there's a lull and I get to spend a few minutes of my evening, after all is quiet, on the computer, working on short stories or essays that my grip my imagination and bloom into a full fledged story that may go farther then to the end of the block.

It's times like this I think of Eliza Dolittle singing about her wish:

All I want is a room somewhere,
Far away from the cold night air.
With one enormous chair,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?

Lots of choc'lates for me to eat,
Lots of coal makin' lots of 'eat.
Warm face, warm 'ands, warm feet,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?

Aow, so loverly sittin' abso-bloomin'-lutely still.
I would never budge 'till spring
Crept over me windowsill.

Someone's 'ead restin' on my knee,
Warm an' tender as 'e can be. 'ho takes good care of me,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?
Loverly, loverly, loverly, loverly

I've already got some one to canoodle with in the cold night air. That is loverly.

I've got lots of chocolates for me to eat and face similar conundrums as Perpetual.

I've got an enormous chair.

Now, I just need a room.

I think this would do.

I wonder if I could make one out of recycled materials ...

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

popsicle sticks would work nicely as a building material and would also give your kids that necessary sugar high that so many of them crave. (raw popsicle sticks that have never had the taste of sugar just aren't the same.)

p.s. LOVE you posting. I can't believe you actually know the words to that song!

Blog Archive