Monday, September 05, 2005

While you were out: DYI Labour Day

Ha! Now I understand why they call it Labour Day/Labour Day weekend. With less than an hour and a half left to the "long weekend", the only thing registering on my body that doesn't ache are my fingertips.

I ran about ten yards in the literary marathon, and got shin splints and had to pull out.

Thus, with an entire three-day weekend opening before me, and my creative energy whirling about, untapped, I decided that my MC was looking a bit anemic and took it to Canadian Tire for a bit of exercising. I got two gallons of paint.

Recently fortified with a multiplicity of hours of home makeover viewing, I had a vision for the *fairly blank canvas of our dining/study area.

* I say fairly because the latest edition to the family is a bit Picassoesque to the formerly nude walls.

Now our dining room/study hall has a lot more, um, color to it. It's a wee bit brighter, and two toned, and seems to be lost in a time zone as the 1940s meets post-modern. (That's what I get for asking my very hetro DH for his input on paint colors.)

Alas, the room is not done.

Like any one who's done DIY projects, there are many details that still need to be worked on (including the endless touch-ups thanks to the pint-size Picasso). Translation: See Honey Do list.


No comments:

Blog Archive