Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Randomness

Ok. Lots of little stuff is rolling about in my head. Most of it is pretty fun/funny.

There was the call to Santa today. (Thanks Nat.)

CU-2, the 10 year old, wanted to talk to him. I only got her half of the conversation. From what I can tell, it was Santa light. No yelling. No telling her she's got to get to bed. I think I was looking for the bad Santa ;-)

For the older child and the third child, the Portable North Pole has worked really well. They were sucked in AND felt pretty darned special. The grinning and shouting was worth it. I'm sure the deafness is only temporary.

There's also the health scare. Maybe that is over disasterizing things. CU-1 is on some pretty strong meds, and since the death of an artist-acquaintance's husband last week, I've been thinking about health a fair bit. Didn't help that the kid was complaining of gut pains again yesterday morning. So off to the MD we went, just to be sure. (Gawd I love Canada for trips like this.)

While there, I helped CU-1 adjust his clothes that were looking pretty gappy (NOT The Gap-py).( He lives in his head most of the time, and clothes seem to be a significant afterthought.) So, as I'm adjusting his trousers, I notice his underwear elastic looks like it's shot. You know, when the elastic looks ripply? For some reason, I decided to look at the label, possibly to try and identify the brand. There was the size tab. XXL. The kid is a boys small. He wasn't wearing his underwear. Eww. ;-)

Because of the emergency nature of getting the boy into the doctor, I had to reschedule a bunch of things. Like the drop-in French class commitment I'd made, and my employee performance review. Luckily the performance review could be slated for later in the day. I missed my open time for French tutoring. I *did* pick-up a telephone message on my return from the school director. When I called him back, explaining what was happening, I suggested I was planning on attending next weeks tutoring time, all things being considered (extreme cold, bus strike). At first, he suggested that it was a "nice walk" from my building to theirs (about 20 minutes). When I pointed out that'd I'd have already walked 40 minutes from home, he offered to pick me up. [Pregnant pause here.] Um, yah. Right.

Then there is the booty call. We've been having troubles getting CU-4 to sleep. (Doesn't help the addition of a dogglet for a few days, and the school bird decides to serenade us all.) Tonight seems to be a night of exceptional behavior. As I passed the stairs that runs through the centre of our house, there he was in all his blond and naked glory. The kid's learned to do zippers. Ahhh, isn't that cute.

Earlier that night, just as supper was winding down, and the children were dissipating, CU-4 crawled up into his chair for some last-minute noshing. Something smelled rotten, and we're not in Denmark.

As CU-1 cleared the table, I asked him to carry a message to The Huz who was in the kitchen monkeying about. This is what I heard "CU-4 has a present for you, and Mom says it's not going to wait for Christmas." Some days having a mocking bird for a kid is a good thing.

Seeing that we're going into training mode as of the 26. No more diapers except for naps and nights, I'm trying to come up with a few more witticisms to convey the message. Currently I've used up "ah, I'm still working. You've started your vacation." I'm holding back on the "But it's one of the last diapers you may ever change again!"

Oh Santa baby, all I want for Christmas is a good night sleep! ;)

And finally, to my friends who read about my goofy life, and to those who don't even know about it, may you find peace as this year draws to a close.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to be of assistance. I have no clue how you keep it together.

Great post though... life's like that.

Anonymous said...

Gee seems like you have had a "marker sucking minute" I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Man are you going to have a lot of good laughs when your kids are older, I know I do. Say just remember you know Santa's phone number.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Merry Christmas Adventurer!