Saturday, December 27, 2008

The night after the morning after

As I'm picking up, from some blog posts, there's a nasty thing going around. I've got it. It's either that, or symptoms of a heart attack. (The later I rule out because I'm mostly being a hypochondriac, and have just gone through a full check-up with my MD in November.)

Regrettably, or maybe lucky for him, The Huz is out all day. I've had a series of kids stream through the house, which is good, as I'm house bound trying to toilet train a toddler (though I don't think he can be called a toddler any more, marathon runner? That's more like him.)

At this moment, he's barricading himself and his sister in their shared room so that they can try to get an extra 15 minutes of play out of the day.

I've chased the other kids off to bed. It's been one of those days where I've really had just about everything I could/would want to take on. Then I picked up an email from the children's father. Oh that so was a big mistake. I'm trying to talk myself off the edge of that one. As a coping mechanism I've written myself a long email of stuff to do from work, on my lunch hour, when I return Monday morning. In one more week, everything will just be compounded as I return to French training for the month. When it rains, it pours.

I'm trying to live the serenity prayer. I'm trying to believe that all this strife makes me a better, more patient person.

Oh, this too shall pass.

Hey, PC, I'm reflecting on your new course of action on your blog. You've got a good idea there.

4 comments:

Nat said...

I think we're all suffering from excitement overload. It's the Boy's bday tomorrow. The kids are all at excitement treshhold. The boy had an explosive barf... I reckon it's the cause. The break is nice but damn -- I miss the routine.

richgold said...

Explosive barf: I think I might have to use that as a get-off-from-work-without-being-asked-for -details!

alison said...

I hope you're feeling better. That sickness seems to have passed over us, knock wood. And I know all about exes pushing buttons. Try to let it slide off.

Are you on full-time French? I'm only on 3 hrs a week. Bonne chance avec ça. And with the toilet training aussi.

richgold said...

Yes. I'm the second group to go through a pilot program. It's pretty good, though overwhelming. Thanks for the support re potty training. It's another reason I'm glad to be back at work this week!