Friday, December 19, 2008

Cakes for Jesus

This morning I packed up CUs 1, 2 and 3 and we headed to the basement of our local church to make cakes for Jesus.

Though this parish is dying a slow, and rather painful death (as a result of a dying population and a lot of low attendance except for the Cs and Es [Christmas and Easter attenders]. They have been trying to minster to the youth who come (unlike the English church I was attending, that's a lot closer to home.) It became a very adult-oriented parish). To this end, a couple of dedicated parishioners run a children's program during the mass, and, at Christmas, run a cake and craft decoration program which my children seem to enjoy.

Thankfully the morning went by quickly and child wrangling was held to a minimum.

Both The Huz and are are experiencing various levels of burn out. Me, I'm looking forward to having a couple of days AT work. He's looking for a couple of days OFF work.

IF the storm hits us, as is expected, and the dig out is nasty and falls into Monday, he's going to call in a work-from-home-day because he's car pooling with a buddy from New Edinburg. Me, I've told him to haul out my ski poles as I'm trudging in. It'll probably be easier for me as a side walk will have been cleared along my path. I really want to be there, rather then here.

1 comment:

Nat said...

I think the Catholic churches are suffering a slow death all over. Nice to see them doing outreach though...

Hope it's not too nasty tomorrow... then again part of me hopes it is.