Monday, December 15, 2008

Day six and all is not well

It's day six of being held hostage in a tiff between Mayor Lex and the Bus Union.

The Union's point of sticking has been scheduling and they say to Mr. Mayor "take it off, and we'll be back at work".

Our esteemed municipal leader is basically doing a "nanner nanner" at them while he drives around in his Lexus, and down into his warm, underground garage, while postering all the more.

It's become a game of Chicken, or Blink. Which ever you prefer to play.

With no end in site, let me just say "I am not amused."

I've been very lucky to date, begging rides home from a work colleague. Mornings have been manageable as The Huz has a lift in and back (except when he has an audit, like this morning, or an interview, or has to go to Montréal). Then other arrangements are made, with me mostly in the fall-back position.

So far, I think I've racked up four sources for generic offers for rides. (All very helpful. Thank you all for your support. I'm not going to put any one out until I've excausted other options - mainly me!)

I just have a few more days to do the old push-pull, then The Huz is on Christmas shut-down. Better for him. No commute for 10 days. Me, I'll manage.

This post is mostly just a major gripe about the head-butting morons who are screwing around with not just my life, but a couple of aquantances who are going to loose their jobs because THEY CAN'T GET TO THEM.

If this was only summer, so many options would be available.

And, to add insult in injury, we will probably experience a rate hike before we see 2010.

P.S. Happy 45th anniversary Grandma and Grandpa C!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Man was saying, you were having issues getting the Christmas stuff done. Drop us a line, if we can we're more than happy to help.

richgold said...

Thanks Nat. The Huz, being true to form, thinks he's going to go shopping the week of December 22 ('cause he's off). [eyes rolling here] I fear he's going to do his shopping at 7-11.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the congrats, it's been a long time. All I can say about the Huz, is like father like son.

Josie said...

I don't envy you. Glad you have good friends and family near by to help out a bit.
If it makes you feel any better we have a rate hike here in Jan and the service is getting worse, not better.
Hang in there hon.