Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 2 - oh what fun it is to ride ...

NOT.

Day 2 of the bus strike.

The children were SOOOOOO not helpful. Gawd, ignorance must be bliss, 'cause I'm loosing my mind.

And then there are the drivers ... this was my street as I started off this morning. What you don't see is the two other cars jammed in the street. and yes, that car in the front of the picture, it's parked on the wrong side of the street. (Note to driver, this is not Europe.)

I left at 7:20ish this morning. I got into work after only 40 minutes of trudging.




Guess I could have used some help.








Thank goodness for mostly cleared sidewalks. Well, mostly cleared.


There seems to be a fractious relationship between street snow plower drivers and side walk snow plow drivers. What one does well, the other has to undo.
At least there were some routes that were well cleared. THAT helps those relegated to walking a whole lot.

Now, has any one heard if there were scheduled talks between the city and the union???

Or is this likely to go on for three freaking weeks? (Like the last one.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all it's odd to see so many pedestrians.

I took the shuttle from our Parkdale site to our Smyth road site this morning. The sidewalks along Parkdale were 18 inches deep from the street plows... gah.

The Boy well, he just doesn't get it. (And our street is damn near impassable too.)

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Your street always does seem a bit narrower than down this way. You have sidewalks, I suppose that's a good part of it. I'm just not sure I understand why the city is working so hard to clear all of the bus routes before doing the rest of the city. What's the point?

richgold said...

You have a point PC.