Tuesday, October 07, 2008

4 babies, two terries and half a dozen pumpkins later

Sounds like the starts of a bad joke. On me that is ...

My neighbor (whom, I will admit, I don't know well) is now three days over due to have her home birth. (Ugh and ugh.)

Her son sometimes comes over to play with my brood, so I feel like I know her, at least in sympathy.

So, as a way to say "welcome to the neighborhood" to her and her soon-to-be-born, I've been working on a scheme to decorate her house with a couple of balloons, a banner and a pair of baby socks (hey we're in a recession here).

I've also planned to make "baby cakes" for her from the Hello cupcake recipe book I've previously mentioned (see owl picture below).

Holey F. are those things complicated to make. Well, not complicated, a bit picky and I don't have the patience to try and tweeze ON eyebrows on a dozen of these, er babies. Instead, I did four. (Picture to follow during daylight, pictures taking is just better then.)

When I gave up on the babies, I did two Yorkies. I think they look kind of messed up, The Huz thinks they do look like a Yorkie we know (not mine. I don't do dogs at the moment. Isn't three cats, a hamster and four kids enough ;-).

So, they'll go to the Yorkie owner tomorrow. We'll see if they get giggled to death or make it there kind of sort of looking like something.

Then there was the left over frosting that I tinted. Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up this weekend and I needed to do a test run to see what the pumpkins might look like. Desperate is a word I'd use to describe them. Though, once they got the stem in, they kind of looked cute.

If I have time to bake and frost a dozen baby cupcakes later this week, I just might send them with CU-3 for the after-school program ... That's a pretty bit IF.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say I've got an idea, instead of baby cakes, why not mini pumpkin cakes? Still a lot of work, well one could just ice the cup cakes, then put a pumpkin candy on it. Whoola early Halloween treat, what do you think??????

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

You need to stop cooking, baking or thinking about doing those things! How do you have time to go to the bathroom, let alone bake woman?

Nat said...

So impressed... so very impressed. I think you're far more domestic than I am.