Sunday, October 26, 2008

Diwali this

It was that kind of weekend. Mixed with so many things to do, I satisfyingly struck one thing off after another, with a few hick-ups in between.

I've criss-crossed my neighborhood a couple of times this weekend. Art classes, hair cuts, and photo ops. Even had time to getting sick at Loblaws, rush home for a pick-me-up nap, and recover sufficiently to go out to the movies with CUs 2 and 3 (High School Musical is in the theatres, ugh. What I'll do for love.) All of this through a pouring rain.

Came home, watched High School Musical one that was on TV (hadn't seen that one yet) and called it a day, a very late day.

Sunday morning. Apparently I missed a visit from the Latter Day Saints. Too bad I was in church. I guess they were looking for the Pagan. He was helping a friend refurbish his newly purchased crack house.

The day was much more pleasant that its predecessor, so I made hay while the sun shined. Farmed out a couple of kids, brayed at CU-1 for not bringing home his duo-tang that had his study materials (the kid only has a test Tuesday), helped a friend with her marketing materials, and sent the fourth child unit to bed (he napped for three hours, I guess he needed it).

I hit the panic button when, around 4 this afternoon, a neighborhood kid was sent scouting to see if I was going to the Diwali Festival. Here I was up to my knees in Cedar Tree (I took one out last week. It was less then a foot from the house, leaning and dying. I want to replace it with a Magnolia within two years.)

Crap-and-a-half. Yes. I wanted to. Oh ratz. I guess he's never seen me loose it, as I heard from his Mom that he reported "I was having a bad day". Um, that's putting it lightly.

I did go. I didn't take all my kids. The Huz kind of got dumped on for that one. I did collect another neighborhood kid and we did truck off for a lovely walk, great food (I heard Indian Express), and a fun time.







Oh, and I'm still not done the Foghorn costume.
I'm saving that panic attack for Monday night.

5 comments:

alison said...

Sounds like a very full weekend. And it occurs to me that it's been far too long since I've eaten any Indian food.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I'm not a big fan of Indian food. So it's never been too long for me since I've eaten it;-)

Nat said...

I missed it again!!! Damn it.

The Boy even mentioned it. Gah!

richgold said...

Yes. It wasn't really well advertised. I saw a few signs go up about a week before the event.

Josie said...

Hope last night wasn't too much of a panic night with the costume.

Sounds like you had a great but busy week end:)