Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Questions and answers

In the previous post Grandma C recommends that instead of baby cakes, which ARE too much work (I only made four), that I switch gears and go for pumpkin cakes. I think we fair-haired maidens think alike, 'cause after four of the infinks or by the time it was 10:30 p.m. , I'd gotten fed up enough trying to make suitable "sleeping eyes" that I gave up and called it quits on that side of the project.


That last one has a baby bottle in/near it's mouth. The others are screaming.
Right, I did make a bunch of baby pumpkins (having bought orange food coloring at Bulk Barn this past week for the impending pumpkin patch CU-2 and I are making for the after church coffee half-hour), so I thought I'd try it out. They worked out loverly. Though I still have a bunch more cakes to spread, it's just going to be easier, at least until we do the super deluxe version with the sparkly orange sugar this weekend.

Perpetual Chocoholic asks when I find time to make cakes, well, I'm just not making the Hallowe'en costumes right now, so I've got time.

Seriously though, I've been trying to avoid French homework, and the Ikea bag stuffed with socks that need to be paired (I might take the sock bag with me on the three day vacation ...). It's amazing the amount of time I can free not doing either of these activities!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those are adorable.

I am in charge of dessert this thanksgiving... pretty sure it won't look THAT cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey those look pretty darn good. I hope you take a picture of your pumpkin cake. We are having Boston Cream Pie for desert. Happy Thanksgiving, to everyone

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Those are so cute!

Josie said...

Absolutely adorable and just proves that you have way more patience than I.