Monday, September 29, 2008

We'll always have Paris

Walking home from Guides tonight, I had the following conversation with CU-2:

"Mom, I have something to tell you."

"Yes dear?"

"When I grow-up I'm not going to be a Lesbian."

Hmmm ... "Ah, ok. That's nice dear."

She also offered the following:

She doesn't want a cigarette.

She doesn't think she wants to do drugs.

Does she want to have a baby before she finishes high school? ... no

Does she want to get married? ... maybe

Does she want to have a baby before or after she's married ... maybe, but she doesn't have to be married to have a baby

Then the conversation moved on to more important things like when we're baking the next batch of cup cakes, and could she have a cookie when she gets home.

Oh, BTW Grandma C, CU-3 told CU-2 that she asked a boy in her class to be her boy friend. (She's four.) I told Papa to register for a gun license and pick-up some pork rinds and rock salt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, my goodness, your HUZ used to have a shotgun, maybe Grampa "T" should paint it "white" for maybe later in the future????? What a character. I don't think you have too much to worry about CU-2, she has a pretty good head on her shoulders. Really good kid, love her, and the others also.

Nat said...

It's good to get these things out of the way early. The Boy announced in class that he wanted to work for The Man's government department when he grows up...

Should I be worried that he wants to be a policy wonk?

Josie said...

Holy crap that's a lot of stuff to clear up on a walk home. But I do think CU-2 is headed in a good direction:)

I think a couple guns are in order.

alison said...

Well, it's good thing to get these decisions made early. What a character you have there.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I don't think I want to be a lesbian either, but I have considered taking up smoking and I'm on drugs. At least, the legal kind.