Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A short post on anti-social vegetables

Perpetual Chocoholic (who's running a very good tutorial on drawing) guessed correctly about my reference to anti-social vegetables in the previous post. So here's the short version of the back story.

I've been working very hard to try to reduce, reuse and recycle (mostly ME). So that means many more vegetables and the like. For some, vegetables are a great thing. In our house, they're the anti-social element of the house and it kind of goes like this:

I make a modified version of the cabbage salad (aka known as a party salad or a chinese salad or the like). It's pretty good. Feeling peckish, and watching the Food Network (not a great combination), I serve myself a serving ... then another ... and then The Huz joins me. He's the one that kind of started the conversation. After he finished his serving, he said "oh, my body's not going to like me in the morning" to which I corrected him "No. Your colleagues at work won't like you."

So, the next day it was Pizza night in our house, and we've put on a ban of potty talk at the table (at my mother's request). I was talking about the great salad, that kind of had miserable side effects and refered to them as "the anti-social vegetables".

And dang, they sure are yummy.

3 comments:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

The deadlier ones always are the best!

Nat said...

Silent killers?

Anonymous said...

Ah in my younger days we called them "Musical Fruits" the more you eat the more you "Toot". Just a little "Old Time" humor. What can I say, they are the yummiest.