Saturday, October 15, 2005

She was a pop'lar kid

Here it is October and I'm just plum run off my feet.

I haven't started Hallowe'en costumes yet, though I have started (I'm actually mid-way) through my Christmas shopping planning. Now aren't those skewed priorities?

In my house choosing a Hallowe'en costume is a particularly challenging task. It seems that each year the child-units decide to try and stretch their creative boundaries and my skills as a designer and carpenter. Over the years I've designed the following costumes:
  • generic insect
  • grasshopper
  • lady bug
  • butterfly
  • turtle
  • ray of sunshine
  • a hula girl
  • a Poplar leaf
This year, child-unit three is joining in the fun and is going to be a rose. A rose. Where do kids get these ideas? (Truth be told, I thought the grasshopper and Poplar leaf were weird requests.)

I'm wondering if I could bring up the breeds of roses. "Oh honey, do you want to be a Don Juan a or David Austin rose?"

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I want to be a millionare for Halloween. And have real money to flash around....not the fake stuff. And I don't want to have to pay any of it back on All Saints Day on November 1st, when I'm done with my costume. Any way you can make that one.