Monday, October 24, 2005

Commando baking

Commando baking. That's what my DH calls it. He labeled it after several in-and-out missions in the kitchen that left the kitchen in a state that looked like, well, a bunch of commandos had their way with it. Or so is my understanding of the term.

I vacillate between liking the term and using it proudly, and feeling ashamed that he feels that I'm not tidying after myself. (Really though, after midnight the maid is sent home!)

Tonight is a commando night. After getting child-units (CUs) 1-3 through their paces (starting off with picking up CU-3 from daycare and returning to school with CUs 1 and 2 to pick-up forgotten homework, dealing with a missing eraser (turns out it was in CU-3's mouth all along!), helping to writing a letter to a pen-pail in France, and learning all their is to know of the lifecycle of a hamster), I finally I get to start in on THE LIST.

Tonight's list runs something like this:

  • cake for neighborhood child-unit 4 (NCU-4)
  • pizza skins for NCU 4 and 5 who come Tuesday nights as that's homemade pizza night
  • cookies for CU 2's Brownie meeting
  • rose costume for CU 3 (I still have a few days on this one, so that might fall by the wayside)
  • my homework for a weeklong professional development course I'm taking
  • my homework for an eight-week professional development distance education course I'm taking
  • my homework for a bi-weekly music class I'm taking

And I'd like to get to bed before midnight.

No comments: