Monday, September 10, 2007

Mixed nuts

In a fit of frustration, I yelled at two of my CUs "ARE YOU NUTS?"

When they didn't respond (and I realized I was yelling because of my own anxiety arising from managing the immediate surroundings [crossing the street]), I immediately toned down my voice and said "Yah you are. You (pointing to CU-2) are a peanut. You (pointing to CU-3) are a cashew."

Whew. Another parenting foible skim-coated.

* * * * *

During the quieter moments of this weekend (which were very few and very far between), I got to thinking about self-promotion. I had been moving some of my photographs around the house, trying to cover up some of the bald spots, when I got to thinking about the studio tour going on this weekend, and how it's a chance for artists to show their work in their studios. As a photographer, I don't have a studio where I create art. As a photographer, it's harder to find places that will show my work because most don't see photography as art. Thus the conundrum - how to self-promote?

So, here I was thinking what about a Kitchen Gallery? (That's where I currently have four mini-shows going on right now! I started pulling through the ideas - one Saturday a month - 2 to 4 p.m. having a vernisage, show the work?? Crazy. I think I'm a Buckeye.

3 comments:

Sage said...

That sounds like a fabulous idea! Count me in.

Anonymous said...

Go for it. Let me know how it does.

Anonymous said...

CU2 didn't say "Peanuts aren't nuts, maman."?