Sunday, September 23, 2007

D-Day

So it's D-day. As I write this, we are within throwing distance of the bewitching hour to when DXH and his posse arrive. I've given up trying to tidy up the front room for the third time this morning. It's got a nice, rumbled, lived in look, well, because, we live here.

CU-2 and I have been batting around options for her not to be readily available to this event - crafts, a must-run errand, a trip to the park. She thinks CU-1 is out to lunch and that the whole thing is just too weird.

We took Grandma C's advice to close off doors so that CU-1 could invite his father to see his room, while giving everyone else privacy.

I feel foolishly buoyant about the event. Lack of sleep? Nerves? (Nah - I usually feel like throwing up.) Maybe something good will come of this. Here's hoping.

No comments: