Friday, September 28, 2007

It's Friday here. Is it Friday there?

Our number is regularly mistaken for a pool product provider, pizza parlor, fooze ball equipment issuer, and computer store. On occasion, DH and I have been known to get creative and have some fun with our responses to the miss-dialer's inquiries.

For example, yesterday I got a call from some one who wanted to order two pizzas. My response?

"I'd like to help you, but I only make pizzas on Fridays."

Puzzled "Oh" and a l-o-n-g pause.

"Ah, do I have the wrong number?"

"Yes. Yes you do."



DH fielded a called about pool skimmers:

"Do you have that wand-thing that cleans pools?"

"No. No I don't. I don't even have a pool."


These are not necessarily the most creative responses - they do give us a laugh, in one of those you-had-to-be-there moments.

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

He should have replied, no, but I have a wand thing that soils the pool.