Thursday, May 17, 2007

Enquiring minds want to know

Oh there is so much I want to know.

The first is why DXH would possibly think I wpould accept his partner's opinion on parenting our children.

The current situation involves CU-2 who wants to get her ears pierced. Ordinarily, I would expect that to be a mother-daughter activity, not a heavily tatooed/pierced guy step-parent-step daughter kind of thing to do. I don't care for the type of jewelry partner of DXH has picked out. I know I don't want him to guide my daughter in those types of decisions.

So, on go the emails, back and forth, back and forth with partner trying to get me to say yes. Me saying, "I kind of need to hear of the intentions of her father", something I've said all along. My concern is that some one in the other home is going to think differently, and "just do it". DH says that there is little recorse that wouldn't harm the child. Yup. Another fun thing for DXH to run roughshod over, and me just to sit by and let it happen and except the suckage.

The only time, these days, that I get to hear from DXH is when he's bullying me into something he wants. Shortly, he's to take a continental visit with CU-1 and 2. He's given me the destination information, but not the method. Seeing as it's unlikely they're going to swim or drive, there is a slight obligation that he provide this information to me before I release travel documents. He's already expressed disappointment that I've not provided the documenation he's requested on his terms. I've replied in kind, that there seemed to be an oversight of information, and he may wish to do that prior to my hand over. Nothing from him equals nothing from me. Looks like we might be headed towards a Mexican stand-off.

So, this leads me to the next issue that's still light-years away. CU-1 graduates from his current school in two years. Where will he go to next. What fires are yet to be flamed on this one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. All communication should be between you and DXH, he is their fathead---oops, I mean father not his partner. Good luck, I'm in your corner