Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Dirty week

I just got back from my honeymoon. Some people called it my dirty weekend. Little did they know how self-filling that prophecy was! As the previous weekend the washer when kablooie followed by two out of five family units going kablooie too. Going away with luggage filled with dirty laundry wasn’t quiet what I expected!

The Thursday night before, it was very much touch and go here as we tried to decide if the universe was actually trying to tell me/us something. DH and CU3 both were very sick during the week though started perking up Thursday evening. As I watched the clock tick closer and closer to our cut-off cancellation time, the pessimist in me kicked in big time thinking that I’d never get to go.

CU1 and 2 were off to their father’s. CU3 was the big question mark. Would our kind neighbors want to take in a possible source of contamination? Good Neighbor (GN) 1 stopped in to take a look at CU3 and though thing’s ‘d be ok. GN 2 came by for a look-see shortly there after and cleared the way. Exchange of goods occurred. Frantic packing occurred. The regular coffee date with PC occurred. (Ah, finally an event of civility in the course of a rough week!)

So off we went on our long weekend together. Our honeymoon. I only had to marry the guy twice and wait three years to get away. As the mothership has pointed out, I seem to have it all in the wrong order.

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Hope all is well and everyone is bakc to their old selves again!