Saturday, January 21, 2006

For better or for worse

It's been a hell of a week.

CU3 is such a generous child that she decided to share her cold with me. Eight days later, we both are sharing a lot of quality time together, coughing, wheezing and hucking a few clams, usually between the hours of 1 and 4 in the morning.

My DH has been a dream through it all. Every morning he reports on the "running of the stairs" and how he's tended to the sick and unhappy, tirelessly and for little reward.

It looks like some of that might actually be rubbing off on CU1 as, exhausted, I decided to take advantage of CU3s nap-time and catch a few zzz while CU1 and 2 were off playing relatively quietly. CU3 was under. Snowplows shaking the house as they passed didn't wake her. I was lying near by. CU1 quietly made his way into the room. I peered conspiratorially beneath my covers, as the sandman began to overtake me. CU1 was rummaging through his sister's toys. Trying to muster strength for an intervention, I saw him take out ... a duck.

A duck?

He tucks the duck in with the sleeping baby. Then makes his way around to me and tucks a lovey in with me. My tender boy. You make me so proud.

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

That's so sweet!