Thursday, January 12, 2006

CU gets Lucky

Thursday's are usually a rough day around our household. We're either preparing for an influx or an outflow of CUs. I have to say I always prefer the influx preparations. For me, it's like Christmas every other week as "my presents" come home.

This week, though is an outbound week. After two weeks of normalcy and ordinariness as a family unit, CUs 1 and 2 are preparing to say their goodbyes for a week and re-enter the stupid, rotating world not of their making. (Excuse me while I go brush my teeth for writing the S-word. It's a newer house rule that I came up with because CU3 was using it a bit too often and in a manner not becoming. So, I've fallen into my own trap!)

...

Ok. So, gentle readers, to satisfy any outstanding curiosity, I recommend Baby's Own over any liquid anti-bacterial hand soap. Much much cleaner taste and fewer residues!

But I digress further from the main story, which is the chaos that frequents this house. For the most part Thursdays are like any other day, except punishment is a lot lighter. In this case though, CU1 looses out for something CU3 - the latest edition to the family unit - did. CU3 was left to reckless abandon tonight while I directed CU1 and 2 through their paces (math and language tests Friday morning). I had paused to do some redirect with CU2 when CU1 starts screaming "bad baby" over and over and over again. As this is a semi-regular occurrence within these four walls, I have kind of learned to ignore it, unless accompanied by the smell of singed hair or some other odoriferous calamity.

In this case, curiosity got the better of me - "bad baby" had got Lucky. Lucky Charms that is. Mr. Charms had spread his wealth of magic deliciousness across the kitchen floor and was being carefully picked over by both "bad baby" (BB) and "bad dog". It didn't help that BC 1 and 2 (bad cats 1 and 2) were making matters worse by batting petrified, space-ready pink hearts, green clovers, stars, horse shoes, and whatever nonsense they now stuff in the box across the floor.

Hey baby! Would you like your milk with that?

1 comment:

Sage said...

Ohh Lucky Charms! All that sugary goodness. At least they're edible.
In this house one of my BC units has decided that he must have nuts. Any and all nuts in a shell. Even though we've hidden them in a bowl under a thick layer of sad leftover Christmas clementines, he still gets them. He has even removed the clementines from the bowl. Bad bad cute kitty! Almonds in a shell are the perfect size to fit in his mouth. We also found his stash. And what a stash it was! In the couch, in the basement, under blankets. He almost chattered in shock as we removed the nuts to a nut-protection program.