Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Since I Left College ...

The “Since You Left College” meme…

Work out how many years it has been since you left education, and state the answer. Then write a short paragraph on each of the following;

This is sad. I'm not sure which to answer. I graduated with my undergraduate in 1990. A masters in 1992. College in 1994. A certificate in 2005. I don't know what to answer.

  • What have you done with those years?
Got married. Got education. Had children. Got divorced. Got married. Got more education. Had more children. (We we see a theme there? ;0 Worked for six different employers. Moved twelve times.
  • What do you look back on with a smile?
The friends I picked up along the way who are still with me today.
  • What do you look back on with sadness?
The end of some dreams.

To end on a happier note, look what I've done
instead. I've got a pretty cool life and I've become the parent I've always wanted to be. I've also found the person that got lost for a decade. I like her and she likes me. Life is not so good that it couldn't be better, not so bad that it couldn't be worse. ;-)

Your turn!

Originally posted here.

Where did the years go? What have I done with my life? What have I acheived? What do I have to look back upon? While thinking about these subjects it struck me that it might make a very good meme - and so here it is…

The “Since You Left College” meme…

Work out how many years it has been since you left education, and state the answer. Then write a short paragraph on each of the following;

  • What have you done with those years?
  • What do you look back on with a smile?
  • What do you look back on with sadness?

1 comment:

Mrs. G. said...

You have much to be grateful for-family, friends and education!