Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pretty cool idea

While following other peoples comment links back to their blogs, I've found another bunch that I want to try to read. I'm now finding my limited evening hours that should be spent doing self-care, laundry, lunches, exercise or sleeping is spent catch up on my faves plus skipping through others that can stand a little less direct attention from me.

So, now I've got two more to add to the mix: Beanpaste, as stumbled on over at Derfwad Manor, and Soulemama as sited by Beanpaste.

Beanpaste had identified that she'd been inspired to do a 30 day photo-a-day project.

I've been looking for ideas like that too. I missed out on other group activities on Flickr. For some reason, I feel like I can only lurk, not fully indulge. Perhaps it's the technology. Perhaps it's part of the "I'm just not a popular crowd/I'm not worthy kind of thing." Silliness and pahsha you could say. I know I do. I'm content to just putter around in my short-sited world, for the most part. Every once in a while, I want to get excited by something else. By some one else.

No dear huz, this side of me doesn't concern THAT! ;-)

So, here I am on the cusp of another month starting - why not borrow and idea - 29 days - 29 photos. It's not like I'm ever without a camera ...

Today I saw a guy downtown, near where I work, taking pictures - he's right - it was a beautiful day, great for photos. I also missed an opportunity to take pictures of three chairs. There was just something about them.

Part of me said, it's not practical - I've got to go get children, I don't have time. Another part of me said - think of the printing costs ... sigh. I really have to just let go, take the pictures and wait for the sales, and do what I really have a passion for.

No comments: