Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Still working on stupid

Jonathan posted the challenge word last Friday. Stupidity. Good gawd, I think I could write a novel on the subject, but then most people could. Mine would be full of self-deprecation, but then most people's would too.

So, I'm just going to touch on a point that Steph commented about in her entry for BlogFriday: "Love makes you stupid." Eh-men (sic) to that!

When I married my life-spark, I got stupid, and it's a good thing. My stupidity has to do with learning to let go and trust again. I learned that I didn't have to control every spec of dust that was going to fall on the shelf. I didn't have to control the child-units' every move. I didn't have to be completely responsible for household management. I could share the load.

I got stupid and I love it.

I stopped needing to know how to adjust the VCR timer every time the thing got reset. I stopped needing to know how to sort out all the laundry into proper piles so that everything is not an Orwellian shade of grey. I stopped and let the care and affection of a really nice guy come in and take the place of a whole lot of hurt.

My stupidity means I'm healing.

I like that.

Thanks Jonathan for helping me remember that stupidity can be a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Thanks for the plug. Good post BTW. Sometimes, being stupid helps you learn things. And it can be a good thing. As I said in my post, I wouldn't change all the stupid stuff I did, because I wouldn't be the person I am now.

Take care-- SteF

Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful post.