Friday, November 23, 2007

BlogFriday post: The XXX version

So I was out at the local tavern with all CUs in tow having a plate of wings with a good neighbor/friend and his posse. Having just had a birthday, and having received a glorious jar of olives for my birthday, I wanted to get another man's perspective on gift giving.

The conversation took a few twists and turns, and finally, I asked the all important question - what's your best birthday present ever? My supper companion, without missing a beat says "sex".

Um, Ok. After checking the kids' animated faces, I realized they were well engaged in their own distracting conversations.

My DH, who'd joined us by that time, became engaged in the conversation. So, here I was, stuck between two guys, talking about their favorite past-time, after hockey and basketball, of course.

I let them prattle on while I thought of my own efforts to support martial bliss. Four children can take the life-blood out of a couple. The efforts I/we (DH and I) spend trying to break up fights, find lost items (that should have been put away in the CUs locker or storage box in the first place!), hound for incomplete homework, plus trying to take care of the other detritus around running the house is work. By the time 11 o'clock rolls around, I'm tired. I'm usually sick too. The most I can do is sidle up next to my life-spark and try to get HIM warm (he's got notoriously cold feet) while trying to squeeze out a few minutes of restful sleep. Thus, extra fun just doesn't come into play.

But, now I prattle - onto the good stuff. I've been reading a book called Sex lives of wives : reigniting the passion by Holly H. Hollenbeck. Actually skimming because unless something has a lot of pictures these days, I don't have the brain cells to absorb much. (By the way, this book doesn't have pictures.)

Having made it through a couple of chapters, I finally get to a part that actually describes what overworked/over scheduled women can do to reignite the passion in their mates. The "Passion Seekers", a club of women that met to discuss passion and on whose experiences and discussions the book is based, came up with an idea: treat your mate's privates like you do you pet. Ok. I'm willing to try.

Now, we've got three cats and a hamster. The cats usually look after the care of the hamster, so you see where things go in this house.

If I treat DH's privates like I do our cats, this is what it would sound like:

"Quit nagging me!"

"No, you can't have more treats!"

"Really. You've had enough. Now go away."

There's also the strong possibility that DH would find himself on the other side of the bedroom door because his purring is too loud.

Maybe I should read into the next chapter ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now my dear, I have come to the conclusion that all these "sex help" books are really written by men, who have found gullible women to front for them. If they are really written by women, then they arn't married, and if married don't have kids, or are rich enough from writting the book to have someone else take care of their kids. Hey why didn't I think of that.