Monday, November 12, 2007

Ok ok I'll try to find something nice to talk about

Well, that was the idea anyway, until my DH handed me a steaming cup of NeoCitrine because I had sympathy symptoms after reading Wrecking Crew's Sunday and Monday. Now, barely able to type ... whine whine whine, ah, that's more like it!

No really. Things have been quite quiet at my end of things for a couple of weeks. The creative juices have been being fed from the bi-weekly salons we've been holding under the guise of "Pizza night" - a party we hold every second Friday when the older child units return from the weekly adventures in the parallel universe.

I've been trying to teach myself The Gimp because I want to make up some marketing materials for my special side distraction. I've not been trying super hard though, as CU-4, also known as CU the last, has become mobile.

CU-4 has got to be the fastest of the four. He can make it from the kitchen, around the front room (double parlor), through our master bedroom, into the a joining bathroom to lift the toilet seat and check the temperature (yup, same as the powder room toilet!) before I can figure out that he's no longer improving his vocabulary by eating pages from the dictionary.

He's a busy guy, as seen here, he's taken on his DF's role of watching the street for any wayward strangers or lurkers. (I think I've got to get him a old cardigan too so that he can sit on the porch with his dear pa and yell at the kids whose baseball falls into our yard!)

Sigh. Like father, like sons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, your DH isn't like his father that way, he's like his "Grandfather" on the mother's side. I guess he learned a thing or two when he spent the "almost" year with him in Florida. My goodness, My goodness.

Anonymous said...

Wanted to wish you a happy (belated?) birthday. I think it's sometime around this time of year - just read an earlier post of yours.

For what it's worth ... I'm really glad you're in this world of ours - you write wonderfully, with warm, realism and wry humour. I'm glad I found your blog.

And with warm wishes for some little, or big, delight on your actual birthday this year. I celebrate you!