Sunday, April 02, 2006

Short fuses

I think there must be something in the water.

I was talking to a good friend last week who suggested she and her significant other wasn't right as rain recently. Tempers flaring, gnashing of teeth, fueled by ... who knows.

There's just been a lot of short fuses lately. I'm suffering (and suffering is the word) with such. I can't claim that it has to do with the cycle of the moon this time as that event has come and passed. I do wonder though if it has to do with events that occurred five years ago and that haven't quiet worked themselves out of my psyche ...

April 1 is an anniversary of sorts for me. It's five years ago on April 1 that my first husband and I said adios (actually, he said nothing ... his actions spoke clearly enough). As with my parent's divorce, it took me many many years to get through the wild and (what I thought) unpredictable mood swings during the few days around that anniversary. Now, almost 25 years later, the date passes without any notice.

I really hope to small gods that those whom I love dearly do not have to withstand these unwelcome trade winds for that long.

No comments: