Monday, June 08, 2009

The end of the world as I know it

Spent the weekend tending to Child Unit #1 who has a suspected case of pig flu. That part wasn't bad. The reintegration of food into a stomach that hadn't seen anything for the better part of a few days - now that was bad. Add divadom on top of that. I heart sleep, even in those stolen moments in the washroom, though the creases on my face are a bit hard to explain.

Though I'm not in full-blown panic (I might very well be in another hour or so), I write my French grammar exam for the third time tomorrow. This time I think things have stuck. Or something has shifted, (or it's the cold and flu medication,) 'cause I'm doing much better on my practice exams. Let's see if we can apply it tomorrow morning at 8:15 a.m.

Tomorrow is also Child Unit #2's birthday. She'll be 11. My baby. My former angry baby is 11. She's a lot less angry and is probably my favorite blue-eyed daughter. Lots of talent. Lots of patience. Lots of gerbils running upstairs. She's going to do something pretty darned interesting in this life time - write stories, help little old men cross the street, sing at the National Arts Centre (she's already done that one). You go girl.

So, her ice cream cake and gravy is ready to go for dessert. She's already received one of her birthday presents. (I think that makes it WebKinz #53 or #54 - hey she gets them from her friends for presents too!) She'll get a bit more attention at school tomorrow, then some more from us. It'll be a nice day. A good day for her. Maybe I'll stop by the liquor store after we get her birthday pictures for a bottle of Dan Acroyd's label. I'll freaking need it after the last couple of weeks I had.

For any of you who happen to be looking for an update to the Gallery side of things. It's coming; it's just really really really late. So late that it might be July by the time I get things up. In the mean time, swing by for tea or walk around the parameters of the house. Though the garden hasn't got any attention this year (no seeds have made it to ground yet), I am starting a public art display.

BTW - for any of you in my area that are looking for a cool way to volunteer, Nat is looking for some road supervisors for the upcoming race in July.

4 comments:

K said...

Happy Birthday CU 2

It sounds like, despite the chaos, you are planning a special day.

Jen on the Edge said...

Happy birthday to CU-2!

And for you, GOOD LUCK tomorrow!!!

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Happy Birthday CU2

Happy Eating solid food again CU1

Happy Passing your exam (because you will) Adventurer

Nat said...

Happy Birthday...
We've been struck by the flu too... I am the vector. It's this odd sort of thing. The Boy is really very congested me, I think I may vomit. I haven't, I just feel that way... lovely no.

Thank you so much for the plug! I need at least 30 people, so far I have only about 15.