Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's SWAG

I'm almost post Valentines.

The hand-offs went ok. (I only saw the results of one of the kids, because the other two drop off into the abiss.

The SWAG that CU-3 came home with! OMG, you'd have thought it was Hallowe'en or Christmas or something.

I only did the paper maché heart thingy because CU-2 asked. (I've learned my lesson about volunteering my "talents"!) And still, the exercise wasn't without it's pains.

I like the other ideas you came up with - like Bliss suggestion to take the offending child out for a coffee, and try the old bait and switch, though, every time I do this type of project I think of some of the things you've done ... does Goldilocks ring a bell?

Jen, I don't know. Sometimes I think it's bribary.

Nat, if I could have found Scoobie cards, I'd have gone that way. I've got a varied collection of past partially used boxes of Valentine's - Calliou, Blues Clues, general bi-lingual animal ones, and my all time favorites the ones that depict wrestling sensation The Rock. (And I quote "Roses are red, violets are blue, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Happy Valentine's Day.")

I'm trying to coax the children to choose from these cards. Funny that the 12 year old won't choose Calliou eh? But he picked them out when he was four!!

3 comments:

alison said...

Ah the fickleness of the growing child, Barbie valentines are fine one year and yet spell social disaster if they're given out the next year. Who can keep up?

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Uh oh! I forgot about that special project;-)

Nat said...

LOL. I expect he's not going to want to do it next year. But yeah, the amount of candy The Boy came in with was rather awesome.