Monday, February 02, 2009

Influence

It's kind of neat to realize when you have influence over your children.

Today two things happened with CU-3 of which she self-reported. The first is that another little girl at school was feeling sad and was missing her mother. CU-3 went up to her and said "Cry. It's good for you." (That's definitely a me-ism).

The second one was tonight, while I was chasing the Hell-child all over the house (as he run buck naked too!), I'd made a comment about how I was unhappy about their shared room. When I came back, the floor was clear. CLEAR! (I almost fell to my knees and wept with joy). I look over at CU-3 sitting on her bed. She looks back at me and say "The cleaning fairies did it."

It's not much. It sure helped my evening go better. Maybe five will be a good year for us all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah the cleaning fairies, they do their thing at the oddest times. I wonder if CU-3 made a deal with them, cause the tooth fairy will be visiting in the next couple of years.

Nat said...

The Boy was forever running around naked when he was a baby... he'd come home and peel them off.

Josie said...

The cleaning fairies? That is too cute.
Can CU-3 ask them to come visit my house?

Gwen said...

It sounds like you have a good little girl who has an abundance of compassion. When it matters, she does the right thing. You've obviously done right by her.

alison said...

Rae is like Hellchild, the fewer clothes the better as far as she's concerned.

And I'm with Josie, could CU-3 send those cleaning fairies over to my place? I sure could use them.

As for your comment (which I just read now) I can check when I get home but as far as I can remember, the TV is a 38-inch Mitsubishi (I thought they just made cars?) and it's at least 12 years old, probably 15. If it's repairable, I'd love to. I hate to throw things out and make more garbage. You could email me at alweathe@nrcan.gc.ca with your email so we could continue offline if you want. It's cool your Huz is in the know about this stuff!

delmer said...

Man, I could use some cleaning fairies. A cooking fairy would be nice, once in a while too. (Who am I kidding? Most day's I'd be happy with a tree full of elves making cookies for me.)