Monday, April 16, 2007

Blowing chunks


As of late, all my blog posts have been a rant on stresses of one kind or another. Of that, I am not proud. However, as I have so few readers, my ranting is ok. It's almost like peeping into my diary, without having to search between the matresses.

Today was another stressed day.

It started off with waking up to this:

Followed by wet, wet and more wet. CU-3 was well off in her rain boots, and CU-4 was firmly strapped to my chest; a position he's been privledged to hold now for almost 12 months.

We got about a block from home when I had to save Santa from the mongo pile, and truck him back home. It just wouldn't do to have to carry three to school. And I just don't know how I would have explained his presence to Perpetual Chocoholic.

So truck back we did, and then really headed off into the 60 m/h winds. Wet snow and rain making CU-4 breath deep enough for both of us.

Made our slow assent to the school and caught up with CU-2 who was released from the bowels of XDH's van. CU-1 didn't bother to come out as he was engrossed in the portable television. (I do so love XDH's parenting style. And he lectures me. Sigh.)

Had a wee chat with CU-2 and then dropped off CU-3. She was very happy to show off her chosen book on bebits. Happy happy thing.

Treked over to the coffee shop for my now usual Monday morning ritual and waited. I figured I'd probably not be seeing PC this morning. When it gets to greasy out, she shows she's the logical one and calls to cancel. CU-4 and I had a love in (cuddle), under the watchful evil eye of this dude sitting in the corner trying to do a cross word. I watched him and he evil-eyed me when CU-4 let out a squalk of discomfort as I was adjusting his sitting place. (It wasn't his usual set of trees he gets to look at and I didn't have him held just-so so that he could adjust to the new surroundings.)

We wandered home, at a casual pace, getting spashed from boot to thigh by kindly drivers, to no work men. Sigh.

CU-4 and I curred up against one another for a nappy, feeling tired from the weird dreams of the night before. We drifted. Him more fitfully then me. I eventually got up to tend to my anxieties about a work project that's not done yet and must be attended to before the end of the month. (End of the week would be so much better.)

Telephone calls, baby wails, fatigue. That was the afternoon.

Outside it was better. No snow. Now rain. CU-4 and I both find solitude outside. I love the rain of April and May.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I think you had an interesting day. Actually, I think you had a pretty good day all things considered. Not often one gets to cuddle with a sweet young man, chat with a lovely child, get the evil eye from a corner dude, save Santa and have a nice nap. Not bad, Not bad at all

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I'M SORRY! i FEEL SO GUILTY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!