Tuesday, April 03, 2007

And so it goes

I just spent another fourty minutes of my life on the telephone doing an intake/observations session regarding support for CU-1. I can't help getting the feeling of deja vu all over again. It's like the intake workers don't read other's notes, and/or are looking for consistancies of stories in asking the same questions over and over again.

I have feelings of great sadness after these sessions. I feel like "here we go again", and that there's not a lot of sympathy or understanding to go around. I repeat the same story and nothing changes. People will go about and do what *they* think is right. So, in the end I say "Listen to the school's comments. They're having the most difficulty with his child. Do what needs to be done to support them, and I'll tow the line at home." It seems like the path of least resistance. And, besides, CU-1 spends most of his day there, why not conform. (It's all a bit 1984ish isn't it?)

On an equally depressive note, I got an email this morning from DH who got a note from the contractor's project manager saying things were behind by a week and one of the elements I was looking for is out of budget and we need to look at option A or B. (Why this wasn't pointed out at the begining of the project, or even earlier then today, I don't know. Perhaps this is fairly typical of project management.)

I think it's suffice to say that I'm getting frustrated. Perhaps it's because I'm a high-end communicator. I do it for a living. I like to know information is available. Perhaps I set my hopes (not expectations, they're set way too low) way to high on everything.

Oh well. This too shall pass.

No comments: