Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Just don't ask me how I'm doing.

WARNING: Rant ahead.

Don't ask me how I'm doing. Don't tell me to smile, especially if you have no idea what's going through my head or my life right now. These are just two mistakes people made today.

Since school started, CU-1's teacher has been adding notes to CU's agenda. Notes in red; usually about CUs comportment (or lack there of). This has become an almost daily occurance, though handily, I only get half the brunt of it as CUs father is supposed to pick up the slack at the other end.

Lately though, there's been a distrubing trend arising from the notes. CUs not completing his homework for the week ... half the time ... this I just don't get. It's not impossible to hold CU to task, it's merely difficult and requires a bit of effort on a parent's part. Yet the theme persists.

Ok. So, it's a given that there are different parenting styles.

In the end CU gets all the homework assigned for the week he's home, and any other stuff that is outstanding from the previous week.

What's more troubling are the comments coming from ex-DH that it's a school issue. Ahhhhhh. Can't quiet see that logic, however, I did have to be have crazy to go along with it before. So, back to it's a given that there are different parenting styles.

So, next issue - coordination of decision making.

One of the CUs requires medicine on a regular basis. Certain attributes, when observed appearing in a percistent state, trigger a need for review of this CUs dosing. So, this state is present. Observations are communicated. Things become implied. A simple directive from the MD gets twisted and who knows where we are now, except to say the symptoms remain unattended at this time.

Next issue - pending CU 4's registration for the daycare across the street.

In the City's infinite wisdom, they've amalgamated a child care registry which provides parents with wider access to available child care resources. So, this means I have to register the unborn in order to try to communicate with my neighbors across the street to reserve a place for CU 4 10 months from now. I'm actually ok with the paperwork.

The problem comes from the message on my answering machine where someone decided to correct my due date and my return to work date ... they believed I did a typo when I put down 2007 for both dates. Er, no I didn't. The dates are indeed correct (no matter how absurd they appear to you.)

And on it goes and goes and blows.

I haven't even made it to the insurance snafu, cookie collection details that have gone AWOL, three hours of homework supervision (between two CUs while being interfered with by another CU), MDs message to call back and when I do the office is closed early, and a France-French teacher who's starting to bring back my nightmares of Grade 7-8 French with Madame Morris.

Oh the life I lead.

End of rant.

For a better reading time, I recommend this.

PS: PC if you're reading this. I may not be up to par, but I need a drink. Make mine a double (laté or tall, or what ever the thing is called now!)

No comments: