Monday, September 18, 2006

Rolled up socks

I once heard/read that a marriage could withstand the loss of a child, but could not withstand the dirty, rolled up socks behind the sofa. Now I know what that insightful person was talking about.

Sharing the house with four other "room mates" life gets interesting when their standards of cleanliness don't match. Worst even is having to tidy up after these dust bunnies before actually doing any further tidying or arranging or finding stuff that's over due, needed for school, or required as result of a seasonal change.

I'm currently facing that frustration - three missing books, though down to two now (one registering a library fine as we speak, the second book starting to tick up the pennies in two days), a seasonal handbag change cannot take place as THAT is missing. New mitten clips will probably have to be purchased because I can't place my hands on last year's. On on it goes.

Doesn't help that we had the "help" of an extra house keeper last week who has her own sense of order. (Last time that happened, I found the library books mixed in with our books ...).

All this makes me wonder what's going to happen in, oh, about four months. Order out of chaos? I don't think so.

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

You should have watched that show last night "Swapping Wives" or whatever it's called. One family were self proclaimed pirates. Dressed like them and didn't believe in organization of any sort. Talk about chaos! I feel like a pirate of late. Only I'm living in a junk yard, not a ship. OOOH! I feel a blog coming on.