Saturday, September 09, 2006

Rainy days and cold nights

I love rainy days.

I love curling up somewhere cozy with a mug o'tea, sitting in the partial darkness, listening to slow jazz.

Alas, I live in an expanding and contracting household where those values are not always shared, but that's beside the point.

The point is that it's not rainy tonight, but a bit cooler. Fantastic sleeping weather (when I don't nap the day away). And tonight I'm sitting in the glow of the computer, with a mug o'tea, listening to sloooooow jazz. What a luxury.

DH, who has started a new job that results in him being home by 6 p.m. EVERY NIGHT (wahoo!) which means that there's a bit more support (and gourmet hot dinners that I don't have to cook!) It also means that he's had the opportunity to play Ward Clever a bit more at home with the CUs.

Last week was a dry run with all three CUs. Not bad at a first attempts. This week, it's just CU-3. Being just over 2.5 years, it seems that it's her job to do QA on the household. What are the boundaries? What can she do to break the system? Every night it's a different stress test. She's going to be a very good software tester if she perceivers.

However, much to her shagrin, DH has written clean bed time code. Now it's a story, a song, a bit of back rubbing, and a kiss goodnight.

He's reduced his run time from two hours down to a reasonable 15 minutes. Wow. I actually get to see DH, and sometimes, if I'm very lucky, I get my own turn down service!

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

It's going to rain tomorrow!