Monday, December 05, 2005

Oh come all ye faithful!

While outside on my porch this evening for an adult version of time out, I watched a car drive up and what to me looked like try and park in front of the house. This type of activity is relatively normal in our residential neighborhood. What got me to head scratching was watching it slowly drive forward, then back, then forward again.


Seeing that I had a run in with a guy a few weeks ago and was intimidated by how he and his companion sat and stared at me while I was entering the house, I grew a bit concerned.

As I watched the peculiar event unfolded, a window rolled down. "Is this 2631 Pinard Street?" the passenger asked.

Ya, I responded, not sure what was up.

"Do you have a manger?"

"Yah! Around the corner" I responded.

"We're from the church. Bulletin organizers."

"Oh, that explains everything."

Two week ago there was a notice in the church bulletin asking for a display of crèches throughout the community. I thought it was quiet doable and set out to work with some of the found mongo: two parts of IKEA shoe shelves, a wooden toy dish rack, and a bail of hay started things off. Some wrecked wood was salvageable and the forms of Mary and Joseph were cut out. The mothership offered to paint Mary and Joseph. Baby Jesus'll be a two-by-four that will arrive before Christmas.

This last Sunday there was a new note in the church bulletin saying that they've asked for a dialog about the visibility of crèches and everything's been quiet. I sent a response, via the collection basket stating "we hear, and we responded!"

Now our address will be published in the next church bulletin for people to come and see.

Oh come all ye faithful!

No comments: