Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm not dead yet

I've got what feels like a crushing schedule of things to get done, sprinkled with last minute requests from the children. It's all ok though. A lot of one-of things. It's the long term stuff, like grocery shopping and folding of laundry that are such suck holes of time.

Happy belated M-day to the women of the world. In all capacities, I see all women as needing to be marked that day in that we all take care of the world and it's members. Don't be too concerned gents, your day comes next month, and you'll probably get better weather for it too.

So, on this end of things, I'm taking a break from the laundry (the mountain is heaped on the kitchen table), and I'm pseudo supervising Child Unit 2 who is making cookies for a after-school spa event, where the girls are going to do each others nails, and put yoghurt on their faces and eat cookies. Pretty empowering stuff. I wish I did that at my after school program. I roughly remember learning to do cross-titch unsupervised. Oh the thrills!

Once I get that unit off to la la land, I'll start in on the laundry, and maybe the French again. Yes, again. Though I passed 2/3rds of the exam, I keep missing the written part by just a few points. 4 points the first time for a pass, 3 points for the second time. I figure I just need to do the exam four more times and I'll get my B-levels ;-).

So, I'm around, just a bit buried. How are you doing?

5 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Welcome back! It's good to know that all is well in your neck of the woods, even if you are incredibly swamped right now. Hang in there.

Nat said...

Saw the photos at ArtsPark but no Mimi... alas.

Things are ok. I'm hoping the settle into some sort of routine again. Feels off kilter this week.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat - I was around, hither and yawn for the day. Crazy stupid day.

re off kilter this week, is that from being away? Do you have that issue on short weeks like next week too? They really throw me off.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

In need of coffee and lawn ornament decorating if you every have a quiet moment before the end of summer. If not I may just kidnapp you.

Josie said...

Sorry to see your so swamped hon.

And you go on those French finals!! It too JFK Jr multiple times to pass the bar...so you're in excellent company.