Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Cranky, what else is new?

Oh, the perpetual feelings anger and frustration.

After a roughish sleeping night, I was awakened by the sub-project manager coming through with a carpenter asking for clarification of the deficiencies list (that I had provided to the project manager that's actually running the show, over three weeks ago).

That's not even the bad part. I was in my painting t-shirt, not having found my pajamas for the last few days now, and being utterly exhausted from giving the master bed and bath their lick of paint, when the front door opens. DH jumps over the bed to greet the sub-project manager and the carpenter de jour. Though it was a gallant attempt, in giving me a minute to get up, DH looses points shortly there after.

***

So, there I am, in a thigh-skimming t-shirt, scurrying from my rumpled nest (which consists of a mattress and box spring on the floor in the front room) towards the kitchen where there's a mountain of clean laundry waiting to be processed. I figured there had to be some clean underwear and maybe a pair of shorts in one of the baskets that I could quickly swap out with.

In the kitchen, having no time to find, let alone swap out clothes, DH takes the project manager and carpenter on the tour to show the deficiencies that still exist on the project. First the kick-plate, next the missing molding, lastly the powder room. Where am I in all of this? Desperately trying to invoke my invisibility super power, inching closer and closer to the screen door so that while the carpentry crew can't check out my modesty, the neighbors can!

The tour continues upstairs from where DH has the gall to yell down to me to clarify something on the list!

If you get a laugh from this, good. I'll laugh. Eventually. Maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I was really trying not to have a chuckle at your expense, but I'm sorry. It's just that the visual I had in my mind, was--well---should I say, quite funny. You are right, later in time this is one of those moments you just can't forget, but make you chuckle. Remind me to tell you about the time my bare bottom scared off the Mormons.