Thursday, June 29, 2006

X doesn't always mark the spot

I knew it was a winning streak that couldn't continue forever. Work life is going very well, and I'm getting positive attention. Home life is going well. I've been able to give CU-3 positive attention, until now.

For about a month now I've started to take this whole potty training thing in earnest, following CU-3 around, constantly nagging her if she has to pee. Success. I'd found the key. It was working so well. I took it up a knotch. I started having her go commando. More success. Until ... tonight ...

X (formerly known as CU-3) marks the spot, on one chair, on another chair, and .... IN MY BED! My bed!! What possessed this beautiful creature of my loins to pee in my bed! ON MY SIDE! I'd heard of cats and dogs taking it out on their owners when they were not happy. Is this the same not-so-subtle comment to something I've said and done?

So, I got a little mad ... called her rotten baby and kind of yelled at her telling her she should know better now that she's two! Oh well. A lot of water under the bridge (and sofa, and bed, and chair ...).

Now that the world knows, maybe I'll never have another visitor?! Or they'll all take to the floor. (But that's not safe either! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, "Out of the mouth of babes"---oops, that's wrong, it's not the mouth. Well at least CU3 didn't do it outside in her pants, lie down and have a good nap with a cloud of flies overhead.

Kris said...

I am having the same problem with my Thing Two. He is 3 and well, you summed it up perfectly. I thought I was the only one.

K.