Saturday, August 27, 2005

Housekeeping

While cleaning out my email Inbox I came across this gem, which I think aptly, applies:

Always keep several get well cards on the mantel..... so if unexpected guests arrive, they'll think you've been sick and unable to clean.

Sure. I think I'm perpetually ill then.

Part of mongo adventures is coming home with other people's stuff, usually that which they see so little value in that they decide to put it curb side by any means ... trash or treasure sale, tag sale, yard sale, garage sale, moving, everything must go sale. I'm a sucker for picking through some one else’s stuff to see if I can find the one appropriate (or inappropriate) gem in the lot.

Take, for example, one of this Summer’s greatest tag sale purchases: a cat phone. It's not a phone for cats, but shaped like a small, black and white feline. The telephone hand set is incorporated into the model's back, which helps to make the device almost indistinguishable from its live compatriots in the house.

The telephone has been mistaken for one of the three amigos several times, much to the alarm of the humanoid companions (as it has also been used for few impractical jokes). I can't say that any of the other cats have been mistaken for a telephone as their ring tone is set much too low.

That being said, there is little practicality in having a cat-shaped telephone, and after a few times accidentally hanging up on the caller, I can understand why el gato was put on the block. However, as much needed secure landline, it'll do the trick until my next find!

No comments: